Want to join a motivated team of 100+ people who are dedicated to improving patient care through surgical robotics? Interested in working in the fast-paced, medical device industry?
MMI is looking for people with a passion for innovation and a dedication to excellence.
At MMI we are building the future of microsurgery. The Symani platform provides the surgeon with the capability to operate on a small scale with ease and precision, thanks to the Symani platform and a variety of Instrument types.
We are seeking a Sustaining Mechanical Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop strong proficiency in understanding product, subassemblies, components and materials, including NPI and Validated Proto to Product process.
- Update MFG product items to improve parts quality and reliability modifying drawings (Tolerances and CTQs), specs or selecting different supplier or different production methods.
- Identify and promote MFG process optimization or change to improve quality, lead-time or costs both for external and internal produced parts.
- Collaborate with QA to manage Product Quality Issues and Complaints performing investigation, root cause analysis of failures, and proposing remediation or new CTQ for defect identification.
- Coordinate internal or external consultant teams to work on released products improvement and support activities.
- Develop Test Protocols and related Equipment to measures MFG parts reliability, EOL and execute quality investigation campaign.
- Work with Operations Quality on Production Change Orders to maitain updated Items and Documents on Product Lifecicle Management (Arena Solution).
- Interface with Suppliers of Components and Equipments used in Manufacturing in collaboration with Supplier Quality Engineer.
- Propose and execute design changes to satisfy both PRODUCT & MFG needs.
- Manage parts inventory disposition with support of R&D.
- Review and update DHF and DMR for a smooth transfer to MFG.
- Design and develop MFG tools included documentation to optimize assembly or production process.
- Maintain pFMEA updated and develop mitigation for identified risks.
- Drive Problem Solving processes (A3 DMAIC) to solve everyday issues.
- Manage PLM data and data updates consistent with revision and updated including tech and quality documentation
- Manage Production/Product Change Orders within PLM and in compliance with Design Control to maintain updated Items (files/drawings) including Documents.
- At least 5 year experience on similar roles.
- Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering Degree.
- Expert in mechanical technical design including CAD SW (Solidworks preferred) and PDM.
- Able to make and review complex mech Drawings calculating tolerances chain on mating parts or joint.
- Experience both in manufacturing processes (such as CNC, welding, molding, etc…) and mechatronics components such as motors, gears and joints.
- Experience in Project Management, working with multi functional teams
- Experience in NPI and process from design to production
- Lean Manufacturing Principles knowledge and application in manufacturing.
- Medical Quality System knowledge (preferred).
MMI is dedicated to improving reconstructive options for surgeons and patients and has developed the first teleoperated robotic platform for open microsurgery. It offers the surgeon motion scaling and tremor elimination and aims to facilitate existing procedures as well as enable new ones in the domain of microsurgery, from post-oncological and trauma reconstructions to ophthalmology, organ transplantation and pediatric surgery.
What we offer
An exciting and challenging role based in Pisa, Italy. Working in a fun and growing company that is dedicated to improving patient care. The ability to learn new skills under the direction of the Platform Manufacturing Leader with career advancement opportunities.
This is a job opportunity to start working in a company of med-tech industries; we will give you;
- Inclusive Welfare Plan;
- Ticket restaurant
- Work-life balance encouraged
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a med-tech company with the aim of improving patient care? Join us and grow with a team of energy people who will motivate and inspire you!
Interested? We would love to hear from you!